Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And I thought it was a great day!!!

I have been "high" ever since I got invited to go to Mexico.  It has been a long time since I have felt really happy and that damn cloud seemed to be going away...a while would be good.  Just to get some peace and not feel as if the next moment is my last.  Yes, those feeling and many similar ones were replaced for a moment.  It was for very long -- Sam came in with the credit card bill and inquired about a charge on it.  I couldn't account for it and so the rest of the day was gone trying to track it down.  I was hacked by a bogus company in Cypress.  I can't believe that "I" would ever be hacked and they got me.  I notified the credit card company and hope that they can get it resolved and leave it off my bill forever. The guy at the PC place says it's MALWARE and quite common. Yeah, like the swine flu!

So, if you see something like A60 that looks like a Symantec page and locks up your machine, don't fall for the trap -- get it off your machine!!! Hard lesson learned. Oh, and then, my computer wouldn't connect to the wireless and on & on.

No comments: