Monday, April 6, 2009

Chennille bedspread

I was on my way to visit friends when I passed my favorite thrift store.  I HAD to stop even though it would delay my trip of over an hour.  I love to go in and see what treasures people have donated to this Christian in Action Store -- for I have found some very nice ones.

I was about to leave when some brand new in the box elephant skin boots caught my eye.  I tried them on and they were "made for me!!!"  I had to have them!!!  As I was on my way to the register, I looked down in a bin and there was a beautiful peach colored cotton chenille bedspread!!!  I spread it out and there was not a single stain or fade spot on it!!!  I had to reach the counter to pay for my 2 items as fast as I could -- I was afraid I might run across something else that was too good to be true!!!  On Saturday the weather was steaming -- 90 degrees and on Sunday it dropped and barely reached 60 so I broke out the new boots to come home and spread out the bedspread on the front seat for my ride home!!!  I had spent the weekend with my best friends and we had sewed til we dropped -- I wish I had more days like those!

No comments: